NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health is a globally recognized health and safety qualification from an established Independent examination board with over 30 years experience in providing up to date and relevant technical qualifications.
What does course covers?
- The NEBOSH International General Certificate covers a range of workplace hazards and methods of control. It includes international standards for safety and health management including International Labor Organization codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors may form part of the study program where relevant and appropriate.
Who should take NEBOSH?
- Managers, supervisors, worker representatives and others who require a knowledge and understanding of health and safety principles and practices. The Certificate provides a sound basis for evaluating risks and hazards in any country, in any business. The NEBOSH International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a valuable foundation for further professional study.
What are the benefits for organization?
- The NEBOSH International General Certificate will benefit organizations operating outside the UK, and multinational companies working to international standards who are seeking to implement good health and safety management across all areas of their operation.
- Ensuring that line managers have a sound understanding of the principles of managing risk is a key building block of an effective safety culture.
- The choice of course format can allow employers / HSE professionals / Non-HSE professionals to fit training around the needs of the business. We offer courses in company, which allows for material reflecting the organization's own systems of work or hazards to be included.
Where can I take this course?
- This course can be delivered within your organization, or your employees can attend training courses run at our training center.
How is the course assessed?
- Candidates are assessed by two written examinations and a practical assessment. The practical assessment checks your ability to put into practice the knowledge gained during the course.
What do I study?
Unit IG1: Management of health and safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
Unit IG2: Risk assessment
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment.
When can I enroll?
- Any time across the year, enrollment can be done. We give optional choice for nearest exam sitting for one year from the date of the enrollment.
When are exams held?
- Exams are held at more than 26 centers of British Council, including our center at Vadodara .
The fees includes:
- Course Enrollment
- NEBOSH Registration
- British Council Fees
- Exam Enrollment
- Training material [soft & hard copy]
- Face-to-face training
- Course Certificate
- Technical Support
- Administrative Support